Into blogging? Or finding a platform to publish your articles online easily?
We always have goals in mind, and we’re dying to achieve those in the most efficient and fastest way possible.
Say, you’re planning to build a website or platform that’s personalized. But of course, you don’t know how to. You think it’s a hassle to be assisted by your techy friends or family. But then again, you think you can’t really learn coding in just a day, nor master HTML in two days.
Now, you’re reading this blog, and you’re just the right person who had thoughts like that before or until now.
Yes, it is possible to create your online platform by yourself, even without human help nor previous knowledge about coding and stuff. How?
WORDPRESS is the key.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is the simplest, most popular way to create your website or blog. According to statistics, WordPress powers over 37.6% of all the websites on the Internet. Uhuh, it’s most probably like WordPress likely powers more than one in four websites that you visit.
Let’s get to the point.
Why should you use WordPress?
I’ll give you just two reasons:
Like I mentioned a while back, you don’t really have to be a tech genius to create your website.
- No HTML Editing! There are more than 5,000 ready-made themes for you to choose from. With a few clicks, you’re done in no time.
- A Blog is Built-in and Ready to Go! Since WordPress was created as a blogging platform, blogging capabilities are built-in and are easy to integrate, if desired.
- You control your site. You can update it whenever you want, change whatever you want, post whenever you want. It’s YOURS.
- Your site is customizable. Since it’s yours, you can make it feel like yours. Reflect your unique vibe to your site, or choose the colours and theme that best represents your company.
- Play with Plugins. Currently, there are over 50,000 free WordPress plugins. These primarily change how your website functions. Plugins can be something small, like a contact form, or huge, like creating an eCommerce store, and other examples include event calendars, video galleries, Twitter Feed, and Facebook.
BUT ON TOP OF THE EASE AND HAVING CONTROL OVER WEBSITE, WORDPRESS COSTS NOTHING. LIKE, Z E R O. IT’S AMAZINGLY FREE.
Although you get to pay for the hosting of your website, the use of WordPress itself is free.
If you search on WordPress sometime later, you’ll get to see there are two kinds of WordPress: WordPress.com and WordPress.org.
“What’s the difference,” you might ask.
A website called kinsta.com summarizes the difference between both of them for us:
WordPress.org, often called self-hosted WordPress, is the free, open-source WordPress software that you can install on your own web host to create a website that’s 100% your own.
WordPress.com is a for-profit, paid service that is powered by the WordPress.org software. It’s simple to use, but you lose much of the flexibility of the self-hosted WordPress.
Most of the time, when people say “WordPress”, they mean the self-hosted WordPress available at WordPress.org. If you want to truly own your website, self-hosted WordPress.org is almost always the best option.
All you need to do to get started with self-hosted WordPress is purchase web hosting and a domain name.
Simply put, WordPress has everything and is everything! This could be your next big thing, and this could be the solution to boost your company’s reputation and a step closer to engaging with your clients/customers.
If you want any more assistance other than putting up your own website, we can help you!